Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Favourite food from Christmas

It can be quite hard to pinpoint one favourite from Christmas, so I offer a selection:

 Impromptu Christmas lunch when friends from out of town turned up (thank goodness I'd been trying to perfect blackberry meringues)!
 A very op shop Christmas - the 'family silver' was a great find a couple of months ago.  The napkin rings I found a fortnight ago.  A white linen tablecloth, and lovely 'eco' crackers (I was greenwashed, there is nothing eco friendly about Christmas crackers) that contained my daughter's new favourite joke.  The centrepiece is a collection of china plates glued together with small jars in between - it comes out for high tea, royal weddings and Christmas!
Two years ago my husband learnt how to carve a turkey beautifully - these are the turkey breasts.  We brined Nigella style per usual.

Other favourites:
  • Strawberry and rhubarb fruit cobbler with Nosh brand vanilla custard
  • My friend's gift of homemade mincemeat - little pies are in my future!
  • Tiny little pecan pies (instead of mince).  So yummy - must snag that recipe!
  • Bags of hot chocolate for two from L' Affaire au Chocolat in Berhamphore, Wellington.  Each bag of top quality dark chocolate is flavoured with freshly prepared spices such as chili or cardamon.  Sooooooo good!
  • Candy cane biscotti - it seemed like a good way to use up the broken bag of candy canes I came across.  Very sticky but great for Christmas morning teas.
  • Another gift of homemade tea!  So nice.

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful post. Really informative content you have shared. Thanks for sharing. Christmas Party Venues New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete