Monday, October 24, 2011

New favourite shop for birthday party and craft supplies

When I was at 'Handmade' last year I overheard a snippet of advice.  Apparently, in Auckland, shops ending in 'emporium/ imporium' were great places to get craft supplies.  I wasn't aware of any in Wellington, but did note with interest a place called 'Pete's Emporium' in Porirua a couple of months ago.  Yesterday we had only the baby at home so we ducked out to explore the shop and to take in Dressmart as well.

I could spend an hour in this store.  There was a huge fabric area, with hundreds of buttons (more than Spotlight), rows of trim and all kinds of sewing accessories.  There was a huge aisle of birthday party supplies/ stocking fillers and the biggest collection of wigs that I have ever seen.  They must stock 100 different styles of wig.  It was like a much more interesting version of a $2 shop.  They had some fairly decent toys and I got a couple of small things to put in the activity bags I'm assembling for school holiday entertainment.  They had a huge selection of costumes and Halloween accessories.

The store is located near Countdown in Porirua.  It is massive and kind of hard to miss.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you hadn't been? Last time I went I had awesome service in the fabric area too. So much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed life changing. Full of the kind of crap that I love to explore. And what seems like much better fabric service than Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete