Monday, September 26, 2011

Insanely easy baby cauliflower cheese

,The other night I was going through the cupboards trying to think of a way to use up some of the jars that had been around for awhile.  One was a jar of  'Three Cheese Sauce' that is used for pasta bakes.  I was trying to work out what I could do with it, as well as make some little meals for the Poppet.  This is the result.


Vege cheese

A jar or cheese sauce (or make your own cheese sauce - very thick)
A couple of bits of stale bread, toasted to make breadcrumbs (or use breadcrumbs/ panko crumbs).
Two cups of veges to boil.
Handful/ Quarter cup of rice.

I chopped up the veges into baby size (will depend on your baby's eating abilities) and threw them on to boil with the rice.  Once the rice had cooked and the veges were soft I put them in little ramekins and filled to the top.  I spooned the cheese sauce over the top and sprinkled with breadcrumbs.  I baked them for about 20 mins at 180C.

This resulted in six ramekins of baby food/ toddler food to eat over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment