Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kransky in pastry: a short recipe

One thing that I meant to make for the Poppet's birthday was kransky rolls.  I make these at home occassionally, and they are very popular.

As an experiement I decided to use two different kinds of pasty: one butter, one fat reduced (basically using margarine).  The colour of the pastry and flakiness are rather amazing to contrast - and I know that I will prefer the butter pastry for cooking meals where the pastry is the star of the dish.

Kransky rolls

Cheese kransky sausages (if they are really fat I cut in half lengthways)
Pre-rolled pastry (I used the packets that come in squares - I got four squares from each sheet)
Tomato sauce
Black sesame seeds.

Preheat the oven to 220 - use fan bake if you have it - it is best for pastry. Gently fry the kransky sausages then leave to cool slightly.  Cut each pastry sheet into four and spread one side with a smear of tomato sauce.  Put the sausage on top and roll the pastry around the sausage on a jaunty angle.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds.  Put on a lightly oiled tray - otherwise the pastry will stick.  Bake for about 15-20 minutes.






Butter pastry in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment