Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pork, ricotta and basil ravioli in sage butter

My house still smells amazing.



You may be familiar with my previous mentioned cheese madness.  Today I made two different batches of ricotta to see at which temperature I like to stop cooking my version.  Turns out I like it just before reaching the temperature that is mentioned in most recipes.  Or it may be that my thermometer was out.  Anyway, I had a lot of ricotta and needed to use it.

I also had some good quality pork mince and heaps of basil so decided to get creating.  I still have my friend's pasta maker so decided to make up heaps of pasta (100g tipo 00 flour/ semolina to an egg) using the breadmaker dough function.

This made about 24 large ravioli, there was a small bit of meat mixture left over so I turned them into rissoles for the girls.

Pork, ricotta and basil ravioli

400g good quality pork mince (I got mine at Woolworths)
200g ricotta
Large handful chopped fresh basil
Salt and Pepper

Mix the above ingredients together, be generous with the pepper.  Make some fresh pasta, and create ravioli using this meat mixture.  Cook in a huge pot of salted water for about eight minutes.

At this point I added some spinach to the water to add a vege component to the meal!

Sage Butter

Big handful of fresh sage
Bigh handful of pinenuts
50g butter

Very gently melt the butter and add the sage.  Leave on a low heat for about ten minutes, add pinenuts.  Once the ravioli is cooked, drain well and add to the frypan.  Mix around to make sure the ravioli (and spinach if using) are well coated and season.

No comments:

Post a Comment