Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sewing baby clothes

Now, the philosophy of a 'make-do' Mum naturally lends itself to buying baby clothes, but I felt like a new hobby and we had a sewing machine.  I tend to be about the destination, rather than the journey so have mostly avoided actually learning any techniques, and seek out only easy patterns with free internet templates.  I lie, I have learnt one technique, french seams.

I continue to be amazed at the talent of Mums all around the world.  They come up with these patterns, create tutorials and post them on their blogs.

I will not be coming up with tutorials.  I will though link to some cool ones.

Today I've made a cute little crossover smock for DD2 Crossover smock for a six month old  

It was pretty straightforward and I got to use some leftover denim and chop up an old pillowcase which felt very thrifty.  Unfortunately when it came time to use the buttonhole device I'm sure I did something incredibly wrong as I managed to dramatically bend the needle.  Oh dear.  I considered using domes but then decided to persist with the $%&%**@##$ device.


Edited to add a photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment